Information about Lubbock, Texas
Covenant School of Nursing is located in Lubbock, Texas—the site of Covenant Medical Center—the Southwest's preeminent medical center between the Dallas/Fort Worth and Phoenix. With a county population of 250,000 and serving an area of 1.2 million people in the total region, Lubbock has the amenities of a large metropolitan area, including a large airport, great shopping and restaurants, and excellent public and private schools—yet it retains a wonderful "small town" atmosphere.
The city is home to four colleges and universities, including Texas Tech University, which adds much to our quality of life. Lubbock is often bustling with Big 12 Conference sporting events and a variety of cultural and academic activities.
Entertainment, sports and museums:
Nestled in the South Plains, Lubbock offers residents a mild climate with plenty of sunshine—ideal for year-round outdoor activities. It also boasts a low cost of living and plenty of affordable housing.
Lubbock by the numbers
- Cost of living: 52 points lower than the national average
- Sales tax: 8 percent
- Median family income: $41,418
- Median home purchase cost (2,000 square feet): $120,000
- Population (2010): 229,573
- Average high temperature: 73 degrees Fahrenheit
- Average low temperature: 46 degrees Fahrenheit
- Annual precipitation: 18.7 inches
- Annual snowfall: 10.2 inches
- Elevation: 3,241 feet above sea level
When you're ready to take the first step toward a new career in nursing, download our admissions form or
contact us for more information.