The Entrance Exam for Covenant School of Nursing is the TEAS V and exams at our testing site are offered each application period.
To register for an upcoming exam please click the registration button below:
Covenant School of Nursing utilizes the TEAS V pre-entrance examination as part of the admission process. The exam is offered on several dates during each application period and can be retaken once a semester at this testing site. The scores are valid for one year and all scores submitted with the application packet must be valid on the last day of the application period. The TEAS registration and payment must be submitted via the online registration. No refund is available after purchase is completed, and there is a $25.00 fee for No shows to reschedule the exam for another date. Each applicant must pass the pre-entrance examination by the deadline date.
The Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS) is the assessment used as the entrance exam for Covenant School of Nursing (CSON). The TEAS® assessment is designed to measure essential skills in the academic content area domains of Reading, Mathematics, Science, English and Language Usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for nursing program applicants by a panel of nursing program curriculum experts. The TEAS® is a 170-item, four-option, multiple-choice assessment. The allotted time for the test is 209 minutes.
Video cameras are located in the room to record while test is being taken and a proctor will be walking around the room to monitor – please keep your id on the desk in front of you. The only other things that should be there are your scratch paper and pencil. Please put all study guides/books at the front of the room – if you have a purse or valuables, please put them underneath your desk. Cell phones should be left in your vehicle. Calculators are not allowed during the test.
Study Guide Rental
The Study Manual for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Version V is available while supplies last for a $25.00 fee. To rent a study guide you must first register for an exam and then print the receipt. Bring the receipt to CSON in Wayland Plaza to rent the guide for a $25.00 non-refundable handling fee. We cannot mail study guides at this time. The guide is due back when you arrive to take your exam. If the guide is damaged or you decide you want to keep it there is an additional $35.00 fee to cover the cost of replacement.
General Testing information
There are 4 sections to this exam and each section is timed individually
Reading = 40 questions & 50 minutes
Math = 45 questions & 56 minutes
Science = 30 questions & 38 minutes
English = 55 questions & 65 minutes
The rules to this exam are as follows
- Participants are only allowed to test twice per semester at CSON Learning Resource Center.
- No late arrivals will be allowed in the testing facility.
- A valid ID as well as your username and password are required to be permitted into the exam.
- If you rented a study guide you must return it the day of the test to be eligible to test.
- If you damage a rented study guide a $15.00 fee must be paid to be eligible to test.
- Children are not allowed in the testing center while the test is being conducted.
- No CALCULATORS at any time during testing.
- Scratch paper and pencils will be provided by the testing center.
- Turn off all cell phones or pagers and place smart phones in designated areas.
- No talking or gesturing during testing.
- Notify the Proctor immediately if you need assistance.
- Official TEAS scores for other programs may be purchased online for an additional fee.
- All sections must be completed for the scores to be submitted.
- A violation of any of these Rules will result in immediate dismissal from the test.
TEAS V Adjusted Individual Score minimum requirement is > 45.3%.
Covenant School of Nursing strongly recommends that no section score falls below:
Reading > 59.3%
Math > 40%
Science > 33.3%
English > 50%
The average accepted student at Covenant School of Nursing made the following scores: