Admissions and Tuition
Admission to Covenant School of Radiography depends upon selection by an admissions committee. The decision of the committee is based on the following criteria: GPA from college courses, personal interview, direct patient care, motivation, and character.
Covenant School of Radiography will be giving an Assessment Test ( HOBET ), to all applicants that meet the requirements for admission. Testing dates and times will be sent to applicants. The cost of the assessment test is 35.00 and is self pay at the time of test. The test is called Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test. Score will be looked at by the Program Director and with all indicators assessed for entrance into the Program.
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) now require all graduates of schools of radiology to hold an Associate's degree in order to sit for the national board registry exam for licensure. Eligibility requirements for the ARRT certification in Radiography will — effective January 1, 2015 — call for candidates to have earned an associate (or more advanced) degree from an accrediting agency recognized by ARRT.
ARRT believes that the general education courses required for an academic degree will provide a firm foundation to support the evolving role of the technologist and the lifelong learning necessitated by the increasing rate of technological change. Quantitative and communication skills and understanding of human behavior that are acquired through general education classes are believed by ARRT to have value in continuing to shape professionalism and advancement of a Registered Technologist's role in healthcare.
The degree will not need to be in radiologic sciences, and it can be earned before entering the educational program or after graduation from the program. The degree requirement will apply to graduates on or after January 1, 2015. Covenant School of Radiography have chosen to have their students earn the degree prior to entering their program.
Recognizing the important of education, Covenant School of Radiography and Saint Joseph's College (SJC) has formed a partnership that provides a seamless coordination for the conferral of an Associate's degree for those candidates who presently do not hold an Associate's degree. This agreement allows applicants to complete a certain number of required Associate of Science courses in preparation for admission to Covenant School of Radiography. Enrollment at Saint Joseph's College DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION into Covenant's Radiograph Program. Students still need to meet Covenant's admission requirements. Students who have completed the required pre-requisite Associate Degree course work at SJC and
ARE NOT accepted into Covenant's Radiography Program will have a choice of another Associate's Degree option for completion at SJC. As the total number of admissions is limited at Covenant's, applicants can re-apply the following year.
For applicants seeking admission to Covenant's Radiography Program who presently have a minimum of an Associate's degree, apply directly to Covenant School of Radiography. Contact Lori Oswalt, Program Director at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 795-9803.
- For applicants seeking admission to Covenant's Radiography Program who DO NOT have an Associate's degree, apply to SJC first and complete the general education and specialty courses that meet the ASRSA (Associate of Science in Radiologic Science Administration) degree requirements. Upon acceptance and successful completion of Covenant's program, credits will be transfer to SJC for the conferral of the ASRSA degree.
- For applicants who are NOT ACCEPTED into Covenant's Radiography Program, but have completed course at SJC, they will be given a choice of another Associate's degree for completion, such as an Associate of Science in General studies.
- Due to the limited number of positions in the entering class of Covenant's Radiography Program, applicants may have to re-apply annually.
Admission Process for Saint Joseph's College:
- Go to http://online.sjcme.edu/apply
- Complete the online application. The application fee will be waived for applicants of Covenant School of Radiography.
- Upon receipt of your application, an admissions counselor will be assigned and will contact you to provide valuable information about the program and answer any questions that you may have regarding enrolling in your first course.
- After you are enrolled in your first course, an academic advisor will be assigned. This person will be your primary contact throughout the duration of your program.
- MANDATORY – VERY IMPORTANT! Official transcripts must be sent from each institution that has been attended. Applicants are required to submit official High School transcripts regardless of when you've graduated from High School and if you've never attended college. Applicants' files will not be reviewed for acceptance, until all official transcripts have been received. Upon receipt and review of all of the above, an individual degree audit will be mailed to you. This document will identify the number of credits that will transfer in, courses that need to be completed, etc.
Send Official Transcripts to:
Graduate and Professional Studies Division
Saint Joseph's College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, Maine 04084-5236
Financial Aid Applicants:
Please visit this site our website: http://online.edu/financail-aid-overview.php It has all of the information that you need to apply for financial aid, if you qualify.