Covenant’s School of Surgical Technology offers a one-year program focused on teaching the fundamentals of the profession as well as the newest techniques through instruction in clinical and classroom settings.
Topics covered during the course of the program included, but are not limited to:
- Surgical Procedures — Practice & application of the skills to be performed in the scrub role. Includes an introduction to the OR setting.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology — Basic knowledge of normal human body structure & function.
- Medical Terminology — Basic knowledge necessary to understand medical terms & use as they pertain to the human body.
- Equipment —Surgical technologists (STs) are charged with making sure each piece of technology—from the video monitor to scalpel—is in working order and free of bacteria, viruses and other contaminants. This means students must learn how each piece works.
- Instrumentation— Efficiently passing the delicate cutting and suture instruments to the surgeon during the operation saves time. Students learn techniques for precise, safe handling of instruments.
Discover how you can take part in our sacred mission of healing with a new career as a surgical technologist. Find out more about the Covenant School of Surgical Technology. Contact us or download an