Facts and Statistics
Covenant Health is the largest health care institution in the West Texas and Eastern New Mexico region.
Serves a 62-county area with a population of more than 1.2 million people.
Our four cornerstone ministries are located in Lubbock, TX - Covenant Medical Center, Covenant Medical Center-Lakeside, Covenant Specialty Hospital and Covenant Children’s Hospital.
Combined, these hospitals have:
- 977 licensed beds
- More than 5,000 employees
- More than 600 physicians on staff
- Average daily patient census of 400
- 28,250 annual discharges
- 62,000 annual adult Emergency Department visits
- 25,500 annual pediatric Emergency Department visits
- Provided $73 million in community health and education services in 2011 (includes care for the underinsured)
- Total regional impact of $1.2 billion annually for the greater Lubbock region
- Ongoing operations sustain 12,600 jobs annually
- Total economic impact includes an annual household earnings/salaries impact of $500 million
- Employees contribute more than $565,000 per year to the Lubbock Area United Way, and more than $600,000 to the Covenant Cares Fund