Covenant Medical Library
Ask Your Medical Librarian
The Covenant Medical Library provides evidence-based online and print resources for use by Covenant Health System physicians, nurses, allied health staff, students and employees. It is located on the first floor of Covenant Medical Center West. Services provided include: literature searches, interlibrary loan/document delivery, instruction in searching and evaluating and consumer health. For password access to electronic resources from locations outside the Library, please contact the Medical Librarian – see information below.
Library Catalog - The catalog allows searching for journals, books and DVD/CDs held by the Library.
The library provides access to:
Online resources by title:
- A to Z Online Journals - This is an alphabetical listing of online journals available through the Library with links to the fulltext articles.
- Anatomy TV - Human anatomy in 3D interactive models, which allow one to zoom, rotate and peel away layers. Includes MRIs, radiographs and animations.
- Ebooks from R2 Rittenhouse - Offers searchable ebooks in medicine, nursing and allied health. Included are images, references and capability for saving searches.
- Ebooks from Stat!Ref - Includes online books which are cross-searchable, plus calculation tools, a medical dictionary and core titles in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and more.
- PubMed - PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 19 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to 1948. PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources.
- Scientific & Medical ART Imagebase - This is a collection of 18,500+ illustrations and animations which may be downloaded for educational, non-commercial use in lectures, presentations, handouts and interactive Flash animations.
- Medline/Biomedical Reference Collection (EbscoHost) - Provides fulltext to more than 1470 journals covering all areas of medical study.
- Cochrane Collection-Evidence Based (EbscoHost) - Contains full text articles, as well as protocols focusing on the effects of healthcare. Data is evidence-based medicine and is often combined statistically (with meta-analysis) to increase the power of the findings of numerous studies, each too small to produce reliable results individually.
Nursing and Allied Health Databases
- CINAHL (EbscoHost) - CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 750 journals indexed in CINAHL.
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection (EbscoHost) - Designed for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers, this database provides full text for nearly 400 journals covering the areas of nursing, biomedicine, health sciences, consumer health and allied health disciplines.
- IV Simulator Tutorial - A tutorial for Covenant School of Nursing students to view before attending IV labs.
- Natural Standard - Information on complementary and alternative medicine is included that is evidence-based, consensus-based and peer-reviewed.
- Micromedex – contact the Medical Librarian for searches.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection - This is a comprehensive fulltext database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- Health Business Fulltext Elite - This database provides full text from 490 journals. Health Business Elite provides comprehensive journal content detailing all aspects of health care administration and other non-clinical aspects of health care institution management.
Consumer Health Database —available free to the public.
- MedlinePlus - MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions. It has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials and the latest health news.
For more information, contact the Covenant Medical Library at 806.725.0602.
Covenant Medical Library
Located on 1st Floor West in Covenant Medical Center
3615 19th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79410
Phone: 806.725.0602 / Fax: 806.723.7363
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.