Nursing Internship Program
Covenant Health offers new graduate nurses the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive, competency-based, mentored educational program. The Covenant Nursing Internship Program combines classroom work with extensive bedside clinical assignments supervised by a skilled nurse mentor and supported by qualified educators. The program is designed to provide a work experience, which will assist new nurses in developing the knowledge, skills and flexibility to become competent professionals.
- To assist in the transition of new nurses from novice to skilled clinician.
- To develop critical thinking skills through initial knowledge assessment, educational classes and clinical experiences
- To foster confidence and collegial relationships, as well as develop bedside expertise through association with an RN mentor
Scope of the Program
- Interns are hired on a full-time basis
- Internships are available in the following specialty areas:
- General Medical Surgical
- Critical Care
- Emergency Department