Work / School Plan
How to Apply?
To be eligible to participate in the HealthTraxx Work/School Plan, an individual must be a current Covenant Health employee, and must:
- Submit a completed HealthTraxx application within 60-days of the beginning of each school year. Late applications may be considered, but there are a limited number of plans available and a late application may result in not being selected.
- Provide a letter or document showing that you have been admitted to the education program.
- One-page statement explaining the reasons you believe you should be provided the assistance for which you are applying
- Recommendation from current supervisor (if employed) and a professional/personal reference
- Transcript of grades from most recent year of school
- Submit completed packet to:
Attn: Saul Caballero
3615 19th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79410
What are the requirements?
- Successfully complete the approved healthcare education program and pass the licensure/certification examination within  one year of course completion
- Actively seek and obtain full-time employment at CHS (within 60-days) in a job for which the licensure/certification is required
- Full-time employment with CHS must continue for the length of time agreed upon in the contract
- Must compete with all other applicants for any position available
- Must sign a contract agreeing to work full-time for CHS after course completion
- Students receiving one-year assistance agree to work for one-year, full-time for CHS
- Students receiving two-years assistance agree to work for two-years, full-time for CHS
Why type of financial assistance will I receive?
Students approved to receive assistance will be provided ‘extra pay’ as follows:
- Additional pay for  four additional hours of work/week for employees who average at least 16-hours actually worked per week during time when school is in session
- Additional pay for  eight additional hours of work /week for employees who average at least 24-0hours actually worked per week during times when school is in session
- Employee benefits equal to those of part-time CHS employees
- When school is not in session, additional pay does not apply (Christmas break/Spring break)
To continue receiving the additional pay and benefits in each bi-weekly paycheck, the student must:
- Continue to receive acceptable employee evaluations from his/her CHS supervisor
- Continue to make acceptable progress in his/her healthcare education program
- Continue to work an average of  sixteen or more hours per week at a CHS facility while school is in session
What happens if I cannot fulfill my contract?
A student who does not fulfill the terms of the contract will owe CHS the total amount of reimbursement provided if:
- The student does not successfully complete the healthcare education program for which tuition assistance was approved (i.e. fail, withdraw or drop-out)
- The student graduates from the healthcare program, but does not subsequently obtain and retain full-time employment with CHS
- The student, prior to graduation, stops working at CHS, or works less than the specified number of hours will no longer be eligible to participate and will owe CHS an amount equal to the ‘extra pay’ received while participating in the plan.
- The student graduates from the healthcare program and obtains a job at CHS, but does not take and/or pass the certification/licensure exam within one-year of course completion