The program in radiography at Covenant Medical Center in Lubbock is 20-months and culminates in a certificate of completion. Covenant School of Radiography has an articulation agreement with Saint Joseph's College Online, which allows students also to graduate with an Associate Degree in Radiography.
After graduation our students are allowed to sit for the certification examination given by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Upon successful completion of the examination, you'll be registered in the field of radiologic technology in radiography and may use the initials RT (R) after your name.
Saint Joseph's College Online:
Saint Joseph's College will grant up to 30 credits for clinical work that has been completed during the 20-month radiology program for the Associate of Science in Radiologic Science Administration degree (ASRSA) and up to 50 credits towards the Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Science Administration degree (BSRSA). Credits are accepted across degrees with no statute of limitation. Graduate Program Option: A fast track to a Master's degree in Healthcare Administration is also available.
- Ease of admission, because the certificate program will have already been reviewed for credit transfer.
- Online courses are "open" 24/7, affording students the flexibility of doing coursework at times that are convenient for them.
- Optional summer courses allow students/graduates to accelerate their degree program.
- Application fee will be waived for articulating partners.
- The process for individuals seeking admission to Saint Joseph's College Online
Go to http://online.sjcme.edu/student-application-options.php
For further information, please contact
Saint Joseph's College Online
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, Maine 04084-5236
The radiography program at Covenant Medical Center requires many hours of study to be successful. Qualified personnel, including both registered radiographers and radiologist, supervise our student in the clinical areas. Testing is conducted through both written and demonstration exams.
All classes are scheduled during normal business hours on Monday through Friday. The program begins with a two-week orientation session. Afterwards, you'll be assigned to specific areas in the departments to begin clinical development.
Students are scheduled in classroom and clinical activities for no more than 40 hours per week and attendance is mandatory. Covenant School of Radiography graduates are expected to be able to:
- Safely and competently perform radiographic procedures
- Perform in a professional and ethical manner
- Demonstrate critical thinking and flexibility in the clinical practice
- Serve patients in a manner that is consistent with Covenant Health's Christian mission of caring.
When you're ready to take the first step toward a new career in radiology, download our admissions form or
contact us for more information.