Drug and Food Interactions
At Covenant Health, we take every possible precaution to ensure all medications are taken properly to ensure that they are safe and effective.
To avoid potentially harmful drug interactions, we request that our patients follow these guidelines:
- Always follow your doctor’s directions. Do not exceed the amount or number of daily doses. Doing so could cause harmful side effects.
- Make sure your doctor knows exactly what medications you’re currently taking, including over-the-counter, vitamins and herbal remedies.
- Any time you get a prescription, ask your doctor about any potentially harmful food interactions.
- Read directions, warnings and precautions printed on all medicine containers.
- Take all medicines with a glass of water.
- Never take medication with alcoholic beverages.
- Use one pharmacy for all your prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Report any side effects to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you have any questions about drug and food interactions, contact your doctor.