Your Hospital Stay
When you come to Covenant Health, you can feel confident that you’ll receive the highest level of attention and care possible. Our entire staff is committed to making you feel comfortable and safe.
To help make the most of your stay, here are some tips and guidelines to follow:
- Ask Questions—Never hesitate to ask questions. And don’t stop asking until you get an answer you understand.
- Bring a list of all your current medicines—In addition to all your prescription medications, be sure to tell your doctor if you take over-the-counter drugs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Make your allergies known—Doctors and nurses need to know if you’re allergic to anything at all to avoid complications.
- Get the results of all tests and procedures—Ask for the results of every test and every procedure, and what they mean for you and your care.
- Understand your home care before you leave the hospital—If you’re not sure about things like changes in medications or activity levels, find out before you leave.
Preparing for Surgery
- Please be sure to arrive at the hospital on time and park in the appropriate place.
- Once inside the hospital, go to the Admitting office. You will be directed to an exam room, where you will be given a hospital gown and an identification bracelet, which should be worn at all times during your hospital stay. A nurse will also conduct a brief examination.
- Next, you will go to a waiting area, where you will stay until your surgeon arrives to take you to your private room.
- Once there, you will meet your anesthesiologist. Be sure to let him know if you or any family members have had reactions to anesthesia.
- Before you’re taken to the operating room, any family or friends who accompanied you will be asked to remain in the waiting area, where a nurse or doctor will keep them fully informed.
What to Bring
To ensure your admission to a Covenant facility goes smoothly, please bring the following:
- A photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- A list of all your current medicines—prescription and over-the-counter.
- Any forms your primary care physician gave you to bring to the hospital.
- Any relevant medical insurance information, including insurance cards, pre-certification, and any other documentation required by your insurer.
- A list of emergency contact numbers.
Please feel free to bring personal items, such as pajamas, slippers, bathrobe, socks, reading glasses, books, photographs, laptops, portable music devices or anything that would make you more comfortable. However, we ask that you keep these to a minimum as there is a limited amount of space for personal items in patients’ rooms. In addition, Covenant Health is not liable for personal belongings in the event of theft or breakage. Keep in mind, cell phone use is not permitted anywhere in patient facilities.
The hospital provides toiletries, although you may bring your own if you wish. For more information, contact our guest services department.