Covenant LifeStyle Centre
Covenant Health’s LifeStyle Centre is more than just a medical fitness
facility for patient use. It also provides a wide range of services to
its non-patient members as well. Since 1984 they have provided a friendly
and non-intimidating workout environment that is open to the public. Perched
high atop the East Parking Garage, the Centre is a full-service fitness
facility with all the features to be expected in a modern gym.
- No long term contracts
- Free covered parking
- Personal training, including an Initial one-hour training session with
a degreed fitness staff
- Land group exercise classes – Body Pump, Zumba, step aerobics, Yoga,
Tia Chi, and more
- Water group exercise classes – water aerobics, water walking, and
additional classes for Arthritis and Parkinson patients
- Personalized individual workout programs
- Web-based tracking technology FitLinxx allows fitness specialists to customize
and monitor members’ exercise programs continuously
- Fitness on Request video system for group or individual exercise class
when class is not scheduled
The Covenant LifeStyle Centre is not your typical fitness facility. The
staff is interested in helping members obtain and maintain a healthy lifestyle
that will help improve your overall fitness and wellness. Our fitness
specialist staff is highly-trained and certified to design and help each
member with a personalized exercise prescription. Each member will receive
instruction on use of the exercise equipment and appropriate exercises
depending on their goals and limitations.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Services
Covenant Health’s nationally-certified Cardiac Rehabilitation program
at the LifeStyle Centre affords cardiac patients the opportunity to participate
in an outpatient program that includes medical supervision, evaluation
and instruction in physical activity education. This personal treatment
approach provides support to patients trying to make healthy lifestyle
changes and can be highly beneficial for patients who have experienced
any of the following diagnoses:
- Heart attack
- Angina symptoms
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Heart transplantation
- Heart failure
Benefits of participating in a cardiac rehab program include a longer life
expectancy and decreased risk of another heart attack as well as helping
to control other heart disease symptoms, improving stamina and strength
and an improved overall sense of wellbeing.
Upon graduation from the program, patients can easily transition their
exercise regimen in the LifeStyle Centre Wellness Program.
Orthopedic Rehab at the LifeStyle Centre
Our highly-experienced physical therapists have over 50 years of combined
service. We provide general physical therapy services to orthopedic patients
including manual therapy techniques as well as therapeutic exercise to
improve function and control pain.
Our services include:
- Orthopedic and sports medicine physical therapy
- Active Spine Care Program (formerly known as DBC)
- Aquatic Therapy Program
- All the benefits of a full line of gym equipment
For more information on our Orthopedic Rehab program call 806. 725. 0999.
Registered dieticians are your most credible source of nutrition information
and at Covenant LifeStyle Centre we employ a dietician trained in the
use of nutrition to prevent and control disease. A registered dietician
is available at the LifeStyle Centre Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.
to 5:00 p.m. For questions regarding the referral process please contact
the Covenant LifeStyle Centre Outpatient Dietician at 806. 725. 0358.
Counseling and education available from our dieticians includes:
- Weight management
- Diabetes education
- Kidney Disease
- Sports nutrition
- Heart disease/cardiac rehab
- Pulmonary disease/pulmonary rehab
- Cancer Label reading
- Pediatric nutrition disorders
- Family nutrition
- Food allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Bariatric surgery – pre/post-operative
Nicotine Cessation Counseling
Quitting smoking can be very difficult, but with the right tools and support
it can be done. Studies indicate that a combination of the right nicotine
replacement therapy partnered with counseling is the best chance to get
on the road to a tobacco free life. We named our program A New Day because
that’s how we want you to feel when you have completed the program.
On the first day of your tobacco free life it’s a new day with positive
health, improved family life, monetary benefits and added years full of
- All counseling and education will be provided by a certified nicotine cessation
- The program consists of five counseling sessions.
- The initial session will be conducted in person at the Covenant LifeStyle
Centre while some follow-up sessions may be conducted by phone.