Tobacco Cessation at Covenant LifeStyle Centre
Quitting smoking can be very difficult. With the right tools and support it can be done. Studies have shown that a combination of the right nicotine replacement therapy partnered with counseling is the best chance to get on the road to a tobacco free life. We named our program A New Day because that's how we want you to feel. On that first day of your tobacco free life it's a new day with positive health, improved family life, monetary benefits and added years of possibilities.
What does the program consist of?
We suggest five counseling sessions
- First to help you decide the best quit method for you and to set a quit date.
- A day or two before your quit date to insure you are prepared with the best tools to promote success.
- A week after your quit date to discuss how things are going and work through any obstacles.
- Two weeks after quit date to discuss relapse prevention and discuss obstacles.
- One month after quit date to solidify all you have learned and confidently pronounce you a nonsmoker.
How are sessions conducted?
- In person at the Lifestyle Centre at Covenant Medical Center.
- Over the phone is available for clients who live out of town. Advanced payment is necessary for phone sessions.
What does it cost?
- The first session usually is about an hour and costs $50.
- The next four sessions are usually 30 minutes and cost $30.
- If all five sessions are purchased as a package the cost is $140. (a $30 discount)
Cardiac Rehab at Covenant LifeStyle Centre
During your recent hospitalization and cardiac evaluation, your cardiologist recommended that you participate in the programs at the Covenant Lifestyle Centre. Cardiac Rehab gives you the needed guidance to help you with an exercise program. In addition, it gives you assistance needed to make the changes to keep your heart healthy. These programs are for heart patients of all types.
Phase II Cardiac Rehab: Eight to 12 week monitored program, three days per week. This insurance based program is designed for patients who are recovering from:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Heart valve replacement
- Angina or symptoms from Coronary Artery Disease
- Myocardial Infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary Angioplasty and / or stent following heart symptoms
Heart Smart: Four to six week program, three days per week. This program is for patients who have:
- Heart surgery
- Heart failure
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
Health Quest; Guided exercise program with flexible times to accommodate your daily schedule.
The Lifestyle Centre offers education, support and exercise to help you understand the realities of heart disease, manage the disease and help prevent a further heart event. To get started, attend a Phase II Cardiac Rehab Orientation Seminar every Tuesday at noon at the LifeStyle Centre. For more information, please call 806.725.4386.
Peripheral Artery Disease Rehabilitation at Covenant LifeStyle Centre
Walking can make a difference for people with (PAD) Peripheral Artery Disease. A structured walking program is one of the best treatments for reducing leg pain and cramps, also known as claudication when walking.
A regular walking program will:
- Let you stay more active
- Help control blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol and body weight
- Improve muscle tone
- Lower your chances of a heart attack or stroke
- Reduce stress and help you relax
Get started with a specialized walking program designed for people with PAD. You will work closely with health professionals who will design a specific program just for you.
Take healthy Steps toward controlling your Peripheral Artery Disease.
You are invited to participate in a supervised exercise program for PAD at Covenant LifeStyle Centre. LifeStyle changes can help treat your PAD.
Pulmonary Rehab at Covenant LifeStyle Centre
Your pulmonologist may recommend that you participate in the pulmonary rehabilitation program at Covenant's Lifestyle centre. This program is designed to assist people with breathing difficulties to have a better quality of life.
The pulmonary rehabilitation program is a twelve week monitored program. Medicare and most insurance cover the program. This program is designed for patients with:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Other pulmonary illnesses
The Lifestyle Centre offers education, exercise and support to help manage your pulmonary illness.
Our education program offers classes that cover a wide range of topics, such as breathing training, relaxation skills, medications, and energy conservation.
The pulmonary rehab staff consists of a team of specialists including exercise specialists, registered nurses, a registered dietitian, a counselor, and a respiratory therapist who are trained to help you reach your goals.