Pediatric Heart Surgery
At Covenant Children’s Hospital, we know first-hand the difficulties a family faces when a child is diagnosed with a congenital heart defect or disease. That’s why we’ve combined the resources of the Covenant Heart & Vascular Institute and
Covenant Children’s Hospital to provide a full spectrum of pediatric heart care right here in Lubbock at the Isom Heart Center Services for Children.
In our region, only Covenant has the advanced capabilities required for the comprehensive treatment of children’s heart disease. Our facilities and services include:
- Dedicated pediatric cardiovascular operating rooms with specialists available 24 hours a day
- Complete non-invasive diagnostic services, including echocardiography, for accurate evaluations of heart function
- Fully computerized cardiac catheterization labs, providing instantaneous analysis of cardiac function and treatment—available 24 hours a day
- Electrophysiology labs for the study and treatment of electric abnormalities of the heart
- Endocardial mapping technology for the collection of real-time electrical data to pinpoint the sources of arrhythmia
- Three extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) pumps for the support of patients with cardiorespiratory failure
- Interventional pediatric cardiology
Learn more about the services offered by the Isom Heart Center Services for Children at Covenant Children’s Hospital.
If your child needs cardiology care, use our online tools to find a physician or call the office of James Harrell, M.D., at 806.725.4425.