Donate your time and energy to Covenant Health and make a difference in
the lives of our patients. Become a member of the Covenant Health System
Auxiliary. It is composed of hundreds of people from our community who
are willing to share their time to help us fulfill our Christian mission
Download Volunteer Application [PDF]
The Auxiliary offers volunteer opportunities at Covenant Medical Center,
Covenant Children's Hospital, Covenant SurgiCenter and the Medical
Office Building attached to the Children's hospital. Qualified volunteers
are needed to work throughout these hospitals and clinics.
The Auxiliary offers volunteer opportunities at:
- Covenant Medical Center
- Covenant Children's
- Covenant SurgiCenter
- Joe Arrington Cancer Research & Treatment Center (JACC)
- Medical Office Building
Qualified volunteers are needed to work throughout these hospitals and clinics.
Volunteers assist in many areas, including:
Admitting – Serve as a guide who takes patients from admitting to their next
area of care within the hospital.
Escort and Messenger – Transport patients, deliver flowers and mail, and assist with
deliveries between departments.
Gift Shops – Sell flowers, toiletries and gift items to patients, visitors,
families and employees.
Greeter Service (Covenant Medical Center campus) – Call 725.0465 for more information
and available shifts.
JACC Greeter Desk – Serve as a greeter and help direct patients/visitors to the place
they are looking for.
JACC Cart Driver – Using our wonderful wind-protected golf cart, our cart drivers
pick up patients by the cars and deliver them to the front doors of JACC.
JACC Snack Cart – With a welcoming smile, our snack cart volunteers offer a snack
to our patients receiving treatment.
Medical Office Building Information Desk – Give directions to physician offices and assist patients.
Patient Information Desks – Give out information on patient rooms and provide directions to
those needing assistance.
Pediatrics – Pediatric Experience Champions round on patients and offer support
to both patients and their families.
Popcorn Machine (Children's campus only) – Making and selling popcorn in the
lobby at Covenant Children's Hospital. Several shifts are available.
Please call 806.725.0465 for more information.
Postpartum – Assist nurses at the desk.
SurgiCenter/Imaging Center – Act as a host and provide information to patients and families.
Waiting Rooms – Assist patients, families and physicians in ICU (Intensive Care),
CCU (Cardiac Care), CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care), SICU (Surgical Intensive
Care) and Surgery waiting rooms.
The Auxiliary is open to anyone who is willing and able to serve others
in a health care setting.
Auxiliary positions are typically 4 hour shifts between the hours of 8
a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To learn more about joining the Auxiliary:
CALL (806) 725-3309
Reasons why our volunteers say that they love volunteering at Covenant:
- A meaningful way to give back to our community
- Friendships built as we serve together
- WE HAVE FUN as a volunteer services team
- Helps me to stay active
- Surrounded by leaders and peers who care for me
- Builds my resume for future endeavors
- Able to make a difference in the lives of the people who come to the hospital
What does Covenant do for their volunteers?
- Hours of Service Tracking
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Preferential Hospital Parking during volunteer shift
- Meal discounts in the cafeteria during my volunteer shift
- Uniform shirt provided
- Christmas Appreciation Gift
- Meals provided when attending auxiliary general meetings/trainings
- Reference Letters after at least one semester of continuous volunteering
Requirements for all volunteers
- Background Check
- TB Test
- Flu Shot (during flu season)
- Orientation with volunteer supervisor