Donate your time and energy to Covenant Health and make a difference in
the lives of our patients and help us fulfill our Christian mission of healing.
Download Volunteer Application [PDF]
Qualified volunteers are needed to work throughout our hospitals and clinics.
Volunteer Services offers volunteer opportunities all over the region.
Volunteers assist in many different programs. Please review the following
programs, so that you can submit the appropriate application that is right for you!
Adult Volunteer Program:
Our Adult Volunteer Program is suitable for anyone l8 and older who is
available to donate a minimum of 4 hours a week of their time. Adults
can work in a plethora of different institutions at Covenant, including,
but not limited to, Covenant Medical Center; Covenant Children's Hospital,
Joe Arrington Cancer Center; Medical Office Building, and more. Some of
the current positions that we have available are:
- CCH Admitting
- CCH Front Desk
- CMC Information Desk
- Escort Messenger
- JACC Snack Cart
- JACC Cookies Bakers
- Surgery Waiting Room
- Please note that positions are dependant upon your schedule! These positions
run from Monday - Friday from 8AM - 12PM and 12PM - 4PM.
Student Volunteer Program
- The Student Volunteer Program is similar to the Adult Volunteer Program,
but consists of college-students who are looking to simply gain experience
for their resume. All positions and requirements are the same as the Adult
Volunteer Program, however, students must be able to committ for at least
one entire semester to recieve credit for their volunteer hours.
Junior Volunteer Program
- We invite folks of all ages to volunteer with us! The Junior Volunteer
Program is specifically targeted for individuals 17 and under. Volunteers
will be placed on an on-call list, and will be notified whenever special
opportunities arise for junior volunteers to assist within the hospital.
Opportunities could include, but not limited to, helping disinfect toys,
create face masks, sanitize wheelchairs, plant a community garden, etc.
SeniorCare Volunteer Program
- SeniorCare is a free, community program for anyone who is over the age
of 60 and above and focuses on the mental, physical, and emotional well-being
of our seniors through educational workshops, social events, and more.
One aspect is our SeniorCare Volunteer Program, where our senior group
will have a volunteer event coordinated for them every few months. To
get on the newsletter mailing list for SeniorCare, please contact Roxana
Rashid at firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 725-0094
Talent Volunteer Program
- Do you have a special talent that you would like to share with the community?
We would love to utilize it! We are looking for anyone with expertise
in art, dance, song, etc. but also looking for those who may have had
background in a special field. For example, we would love to have a past
principal sit in on our School Advisory Council. Whatever your background
is in, we will find a spot for you!
Covenant Caregiver Volunteer Program
- For our internal caregivers within Covenant Health Hospital, we will continuosly
inclue special days of service we can give back. Look out for more information
from your leaders in the Huddle for more information!
CSON Student Volunteer Council
- We are excited to partner with the Covenant School of Nursing to offer
them service hours to further their goals within the medical field! A
big project we currently have running is our Comfort Cart Rounding on
Faith Community Volunteer Program
- Do you have a love for prayer? So do we! We would love to share your faith
by having volunteers come in to simply sit and pray with some of our patients
to provide them with a sense of relief.
Reasons why our volunteers say that they love volunteering at Covenant:
- It's a meaningful way to give back to our community
- Friendships built as we serve together
- WE HAVE FUN as a volunteer services team
- Helps me to stay active
- Surrounded by leaders and peers who care for me
- Builds my resume for future endeavors
- Able to make a difference in the lives of the people who come to the hospital
What does Covenant do for their volunteers?
- Hours of Service Tracking
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Preferential Hospital Parking during volunteer shift
- Meal discounts in the cafeteria during my volunteer shift
- Uniform shirt provided
- Christmas Appreciation Gift
- Meals provided when attending general meetings/trainings
- Reference Letters after at least one semester of continuous volunteering
Requirements for all volunteers
- Background Check
- TB Test
- Flu Shot (during flu season)
- Orientation with volunteer supervisor
To learn more about joining our volunteer team:
CALL (806) 725-3309