Do I Qualify for Weight Loss Surgery?
We're glad you're exploring your weight loss surgery options at Covenant Health.
In order to help determine if bariatric surgery is right for you, please consider the following characteristics:
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 40
- Have a BMI of 35 to 40 with obesity-related medical conditions, such as diabetes, severe sleep apnea, uncontrolled hypertension or severe osteoarthritis
- Have a BMI of 30 to 35 with diabetes
- Have tried to lose weight but have been unsuccessful
- Are healthy enough to undergo the operation
- Understand the surgical risks, benefits, and limitations of surgery
- Commit to lifestyle changes after surgery
Calculate Your BMI
Weight (in pounds)
18.5 and below is Underweight
18.5–24.9 is Normal weight
25–29.9 is Overweight
30 or greater is Obese
BMI Calculator Disclaimer
Please remember that this is only one of many possible ways to assess your
weight. If you have any concerns about your weight, please discuss them
with your physician, who is in a position, unlike this BMI calculator,
to address your specific individual situation.
Upcoming Bariatric Seminar Dates Can be Found by Clicking Below: