Covenant Children's Hospital Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Premature and critically ill babies are given immediate attention by our
team of neonatologists. Covenant Children’s operates a Level IV
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - the highest level possible under
State designated levels of care. The 43-bed state of the art unit is equipped
with a sophisticated monitoring system, respiratory therapy equipment,
transport equipment special isolettes and minimal stimulation rooms for
the most fragile patients – all designed especially for infants.
At Covenant, we understand that sometimes being the parent of a baby in
NICU can be overwhelming. We also feel it is very important for you to
be involved in the care of your baby. That is why our NICU staff is always
available to answer questions and listen to your concerns.
For more information on the Covenant Children's Hospital NICU,
- NICU Webcams available over every newborn - allowing you and/or family
to check-in on baby whenever you want!
- Transport services from other facilities to the NICU - made possible via
a dedicated transport team including a neonatal nurse and pediatric respiratory therapist
- Overnight accommodations for parents (limited availability)
- Newborn Hearing Screening performed on all NICU patients
- Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Car Seat and Infant CPR Education offered to parents