Women's Services at Covenant Health Plainview
Covenant Health Plainview is home to one of the most advanced women’s
care and birthingcenters in our area. With our highly-trained team of
physicians, nurses, and staff, CovenantPlainview offers the latest in
obstetric and gynecological care, including a top-notch team of
- 4 labor and delivery suites
- 2 labor and delivery observation suites
- 1 operating/delivery room and a recovery room
- 12 mother-baby rooms
- Newborn Nursery
- Private waiting room
- State-of-the-art mother and baby monitoring system
Covenant Hospital Plainview offers childbirth classes every Tuesday evening,
new sessions beginning every 5 weeks. Please call Womens Services at 806-296-4264
for more information and to register.
Family-oriented environment – Fathers, siblings, and other special people are encouraged to
play active roles at this special time through flexible visiting hours.
Rooming-in policy – This allows you to keep your baby with you as much as desired.
Newborn education – Nurses and patient educators are available to assist with your
baby's care so you feel confident in your infant care skills prior
to going home.
Lactation services – We offer a complete Breastfeeding Program, including a Certified
Lactation Consultant and Certified Breastfeeding Counselors. You will
have personalized, education and support, including one-on-one assistance
if the need arises.
Infant Security – We place identification bands on infants and parents immediately
at birth. This, along with a number of other security measures, ensures
the safety of you and your newborn during your hospital stay.
Highly Trained Nursing Staff – Our nurses have received highly specialized training in Basic
Life Support, Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Life Support, Basic Fetal
Monitoring, Advanced Fetal Monitoring, Neonatal Resucitation Program,
Fetal Heart Monitoring, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and STABLE.
- Visiting hours are 10am to 9pm with a limit of four visitors at a time
in postpartum. Two visitors at a time are welcome in labor and delivery.
- Visiting hours are 24 hours a day for one support person (i.e. spouse,
- Children under the age of 14 are not allowed general visitation on the
- Siblings under 14 years of age are allowed to visit. Sibling visitation
must be supervised by a parent or adult at all times.
- Anyone who is ill or has been exposed to communicable illness should be
restricted from visitation.
- Any exceptions to the visiting hours will be approved only through the
nursing unit staff and/or physician.