Debt Collection Practices
Covenant Health is committed to providing financial assistance to patients who cannot pay for part or all of the care they receive. Consistent with Covenant Health's mission and values, Covenant Health embraces the following principals:
- Patients should be treated equitably, with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Concern over a hospital bill should never prevent any individual from receiving emergency health services.
- Patients should be expected to contribute to the cost of their care based upon their individual ability to pay.
- Hospital financial aid policies and practices will take into account each individual’s ability to contribute to the cost of his or her care, as well as the hospital’s ability to provide care.
- Financial aid policies should be clear, understandable, and communicated in a manner that is dignified and in languages appropriate to the community and patients served.
- Financial aid policies should be made readily available to prospective and current patients and to the community at large.