At Covenant Health, patient safety is extremely important. To optimize our efforts, we encourage our patients to stay fully involved and informed in their care.
You can help us keep you safe by following these guidelines:
- Arrive fully prepared for your hospital stay.
- Always provide your nurse and doctor with detailed information about your condition and symptoms.
- Provide the medical staff with a complete list of all your medications, including over-the-counter products, vitamins and herbal remedies.
- Make sure you fully understand your diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Inform the medical staff of any changes in your condition, good or bad.
- Feel free to ask questions about any aspect of your treatment.
- Keep loved ones informed about your plan of care.
During your stay, we will verify your name & date of birth, or patient number, by comparing your armband with our documents regularly. This will ensure that we always provide safe and accurate care. We will check your armband before transport, treatment, procedures, and when medications are given.
Prior to your discharge from Covenant, study your treatment plan with your doctor or nurse so that you’re fully prepared for a successful and safe recuperation.